Stuff your holiday with a mouth-watering sausage and herb dish.
- 17 cups 1-inch bread cubes (1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, divided
- 2 cups sweet onions, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced (2/3 cup)
- 2 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples, skin-on, cored and diced large
- 2 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 pound FARMER JOHN® Premium Mild Pork Roll Sausage
- 1 1/4 cup turkey stock
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Spread bread cubes on 2 baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheets and cool bread. Place in a large mixing bowl. Raise oven temperature to 375F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1/2 stick butter and sauté onions and celery for 10 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add apples, sage, parsley, salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5-7 minutes, until aromatic and lightly browned. Add to bread cubes.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, brown sausage for 10 minutes, breaking up sausage with fork as it cooks. Add browned sausage to bread and vegetables. Add dried cranberries and toss to combine.
- Beat eggs into turkey stock and pour over break mixture. Stir well and pour into a buttered 9” x 13” baking dish. Melt remaining butter and pour over stuffing. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden on top. Serve warm.
Break up sausage with fork as it cooks for an even sautée.