Gather around and delight in a succulent holiday ham with hints of peach and Riesling wine.
- 1 Farmer John ® Spiral Sliced Ham, bone cover removed
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup Riesling
- 1 14 oz can diced peaches in syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup stone ground dijon mustard
- In a 2-quart saucepan on medium heat, heat oil and sauté onions, thyme, rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper until onions are translucent.
- Turn heat up to medium heat and add Riesling. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium low and simmer until volume is reduced to half, about 15 minutes.
- Add peaches and sugar. Bring heat back up to medium and boil, stirring often until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove herbs and pour through mesh sieve, gently stirring to push some solids through. Whisk in mustard. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a roasting dish fitted with a rack, pour 3 cups water into the bottom of roasting dish.
- Place ham on top of rack. Brush a layer of glaze over hams and tent with foil for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and brush another layer of glaze. Continue to brush glaze every 30 minutes for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, until ham reaches internal temperature of 160F.
- Rest ham for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
After adding peaches & Riesling, bring heat back up to medium and stir glaze often until thickened.