The perfect way to spice up the night.
- 1 (2.5 lbs.) FARMER JOHN® Boneless Pork Butt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Mix 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle pork with Spice Rub. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add pork butt. Sauté 15 minutes, turning every few minutes to brown each side. Remove cushion and set in a 9×9 baking dish. Add onion and garlic to pan, stirring constantly 1 minute. Pour onion mixture and broth over pork butt. Cover and bake 1hr 45min or until meat pulls apart with a fork (meat must reach a minimum internal temperature of 145°F).
- Process jalapeño, cilantro, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a food processor until smooth. Shred pork and combine with cilantro mixture. Return to oven and heat 15 minutes more.
- Serve carnitas with warm corn tortillas, avocado slices, diced onion and lime wedges.
Cool down the spiciness by adding sour cream and guacamole as toppings.