Famously messy, but famously delicious, you’ll never look at hot dogs the same way.
- 8 slices FARMER JOHN® Classic Bacon
- 1 package FARMER JOHN® Beef Franks
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- Prepare grill for medium heat.
- Wrap 1 bacon slice loosely around each hot dog.
- Cook on greased grill 10 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp around edges, turning occasionally.
- Cut onion and bell pepper into lengthwise pieces.
- In frying pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers to pan. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Saute until lightly browned.
- Place grilled hot dog in buns.
- Cover with sautéed vegetables.
No toothpick required: wrap your bacon around your hot dog nice and tight and watch it cling to the dog as it cooks.