By Honestly Yum
- 3 slices of FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon
- 4 FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Sausages Links
- 1 pre-made package of pizza dough
- 2 small acorn squash
- ½ large red onion
- 10 ounces of ricotta
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for roasting vegetables
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 5-6 fresh sage leaves
- Kosher salt or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Shape the pizza dough into a ball on a lightly floured surface and cover with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F and slice the acorn squash into 1/3 inch thick slices. Remove the seeds and toss the squash rings in olive oil.
- Cut the onion in half keeping the root in tact. Remove the outside skin. Slice into wedges and coat in olive oil. Season onion and squash generously with salt and pepper and roast for about 15-20 minutes until the squash is tender.
- While the vegetables are roasting remove the casing from the sausages and cut the bacon into squares. Cook the bacon over medium high heat on both sides just until the edges are brown. It should look slightly undercooked. Transfer onto a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the sausage links into smaller pieces with your fingers and cook until just browned. Remove and transfer to the paper towel. The bacon and sausage will cook further in the oven.
- Once onion and squash are fully cooked remove from oven and increase the oven temperature to 500 °F.
- Combine garlic and olive oil in small bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface use rolling pin to roll out the pizza dough about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Generously brush the entire surface with the garlic olive oil. Evenly place large heaping spoonful’s of ricotta on top of dough. Sprinkle a bit of salt over the surface. Add the roasted squash and onions. Top with the bacon and sausage. Using the olive oil brush, sprinkle a little bit more garlic olive oil over the top.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes rotating the flatbread in between. Bake until edges are deep golden brown.
- Top with fresh sage and serve hot.