- 1 12 oz. package of FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon
- 6 medium organic eggs
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- ½ cup crimini mushrooms, sautéed
- A pinch of thyme, oregano or parsley
- Cooking spray
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F.
- Grease a 6-count muffin pan, with the cooking spray, to ensure that the bread and egg white do not stick.
- Partially cook the bacon in a frying pan. Bacon should NOT be cooked to a crisp, it should be pliable. Drain on paper towels and cool slightly. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat out of the frying pan.
- Based on the size of your muffin tin use the top or bottom of a wine glass to cut circles roughly the size of the base of the muffin cup from the sourdough bread.
- In the same pan you cooked the bacon in, sauté mushrooms for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Set aside.
- Place a bread circle at the bottom of each muffin cup. Fit 2 slices of bacon loosely around the sides in each cup, overlapping as necessary, lining the sides of the muffin cup, and forming bacon cup.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the mushrooms on top of the bread circle.
- Break an egg into each of the bacon-lined cups on top of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the top of each egg with salt, pepper, and a pinch of thyme, oregano, or parsley (or a combo of all of them).
- Bake at 400 °F for 15-20 minutes, or until bacon is perfectly crisp–don’t overcook or the bacon will burn.