By Kimberly, @dandy.eats
- 2 12 oz. packages of FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon
- 1 pound FARMER JOHN® Extra-Lean Ground Pork
- 2 cups shredded provolone
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 20 jalapeños (halved lengthwise with seeds and membranes removed)
- 3 cups (24 ounces) panko
- 4 cups All-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Bowl of water
- 8 eggs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 °F and line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat cooking oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground pork and Stir, breaking into smaller pieces as you stir. Cook the ground pork until the pieces are bite size and cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the cooked ground pork to a colander to drain, and then place ground pork into a bowl and let cool a bit.
- Prepare 4 separate bowls: one with water, one with 8 eggs beaten, one with flour, one with panko and olive oil.
- Dip each jalapeño half into water, then flour, then egg mixture and finally the panko mixture. Repeat with the other half.
- Add the provolone and mozzarella to the pork and mix, once cool.
- Fill jalapeño with ground pork and cheese mixture. Wrap each jalapeño with bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is crispy, about 30 minutes.