A perfect sweet and herby treat.
- 1 FARMER JOHN® Boneless Pork Shoulder Butt Roast
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 6 sage leaves
- 2 firm apples cut into 6 pieces
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Season pork all over with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Lay potatoes and apples in the bottom of a roasting pan.
- Top with thyme and sage.
- Place seasoned pork into the roasting pan on top of thyme and sage.
- Pour chicken broth into the roasting pan.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes, until skin is browned.
- Turn heat down to 300°F and continue to roast, basting liquid over pork every 30 minutes for about 2 hours until meat registers 155°F.
- Remove meat and let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with the roasted potatoes and apples.
For unique flavor, place the seasoned pork into the roasting pan on a bed of thyme and sage.