A scrumptious dessert that will win over the entire family.
- 1 package of any FARMER JOHN® BACON product
- 2 ½ pounds Granny Smith apples
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package refrigerated piecrusts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Peel apples, and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Toss apples with cinnamon, sugar and cornstarch.
- Place 1 piecrust directly over 2nd piecrust and roll to 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Place piecrust in 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Line piecrust with aluminum foil or parchment paper, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove weights and foil.
- Spoon apple mixture over piecrust, and top with bacon in lattice design. Fold excess edges of piecrust under and crimp.
- Bake at 350°F 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and crust is browned.
- Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
Add a scoop of whipped cream to each slice of pie for even more flavor.