A dish that’s rich in flavor and pleasantly filling.
- 6 cooked FARMER JOHN® Classic Bacon slices, crumbled
- ½ cup chopped FARMER JOHN® Fully Cooked Ham
- 3 cups cubed baking potatoes (3/4 inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1 ¼ cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss together first 4 ingredients in large bowl; arrange mixture in single layer on a lightly greased 15×10 inch jelly roll pan. Bake 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place 1 piecrust directly over 2nd piecrust and roll to 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface.
- Fit piecrust into 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Line piecrust with aluminum foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 425°F for 12 minutes.
- Remove weights and foil. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Layer half of potato mixture and half of cheese in tart shell; repeat layers.
- Whisk together half-and-half and next 3 ingredients; pour over cheese.
- Bake at 350°F. on lowest oven rack 50 to 60 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.
Add in a teaspoon of paprika for a spicy kick.