An easy-to-serve snack that’s a worthy companion to any homemade meal.
- 1 PACKAGE of any FARMER JOHN® BACON product
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 ½ pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel squash and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- In large bowl, toss together squash and next 5 ingredients.
- Place bacon on paper towel-lined plate. Cover with paper towels and microwave, in batches, on HIGH 2 minutes. Cut into 3 ½ inch pieces.
- Wrap bacon pieces around squash pieces and secure with wooden picks.
- Place on lightly greased rack over foil-lined baking sheet and bake 30 minutes, turning halfway, or until bacon is crisp.
Serve as hors d’oeuvres to satisfy guests before the main course.