Entertain your guests this Easter with a beautiful bacon-wrapped stuffed pork loin. Feel free to use any of your favorite Farmer John Bacon flavor varieties.
- 2 lbs cornbread dressing
- 6 celery sticks chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 packages of Farmer John® Classic bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 Boneless Pork loin
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Sauté’ 1 package of bacon (chopped) in large pan. Once it begins to sweat, add celery and onion to the pan.
- Pour cornbread dressing in large bowl.
- Once the celery and onions become tender, add butter, cayenne pepper and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Add this liquid mixture to the cornbread dressing bowl and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Cut pork loin horizontally down the middle, leaving a ½ inch layer at the bottom.
- Place a ½ inch layer of cornbread stuffing on top and roll the loin into a tight cylinder.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Use second package of bacon to wrap around pork loin and secure with kitchen twine if needed.
- Bake at 425° and roast to internal temperature of 160 F.
This cut of fresh pork can be stuffed with any of your favorite vegetables and/or cheeses.