Spare ribs so good, there won’t be any to spare.
- 2 racks FARMER JOHN® Pork Spareribs, membrane removed
- 6 closed chopped garlic
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 (7 0z.) can chipotle chillies in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Season ribs with salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 1/2 hours until ribs reach an internal temperature of 195°F. Let cool. This can be done the day before.
- While the ribs bake in the oven, blend the garlic, honey, brown sugar, 1/2 can of chipotle chilies with sauce, BBQ sauce, and lime zest and juice. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and place the ribs on the grill, basting with sauce mixture and turning frequently until well coated with sauce and slightly charred – about 10 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and top with additional sauce, chopped cilantro, and a squeeze of limes.
Optional steps to remove the membrane from our Ribs:
- Turn the slab to the bone side and slide a butter knife between the membrane and the bone at one end of the rack.
- Lift the membrane slightly until it tears.
- Grip the membrane using a paper towel and gently begin to peel it off, trying not to rip it.
- The membrane may peel off in one long strip, or you may need to remove it in smaller pieces.
Save a little sauce on the side for dipping.