By Wendy O’Neal, @myfamilytable
- 4 links Farmer John® Original Pork Sausage Links
- 5 Mini Baby Sweet Peppers
- 4 oz Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese
- 5 strips Farmer John® Classic Bacon
- In a medium skillet, cook 4 pork links over medium high heat. Use the back of a spoon to crumb the pork links while they cook. Continue cooking until pork links are fully cooked and crumbled, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan to a plate with a paper towel to drain.
- Preheat grill to medium using a direct flame while the peppers are assembled. Spray a grill basket with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut the peppers in half and scoop out any seeds and veins, then set aside.
- Make the filling by combing goat cheese and crumbled pork linked. Mix well to combine. Gently scoop filling into the cavity of the peppers.
- Cut 5 strips of bacon in half. Gently pull one piece to slightly stretch it out and then wrap around one stuffed pepper. Secure with a tooth pick and gently place in grill basket. Repeat process with remaining bacon and peppers.
- Grill bacon wrapped peppers over direct heat for about 15-20 minutes. Rotate and turn peppers often so bacon is fully cooked on all sides. Spray any flare ups with water so nothing burns.
- Remove toothpicks and serve warm or room temperature.
Gently pulling the bacon stretches it to make it slightly thinner for faster cooking on the grill and also makes it just a little longer to go around the peppers. Using a full strip of bacon it too much for the peppers