Perfect for when you’re short on time but don’t want to skimp on flavor.
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package FARMER JOHN® Cajun Style Chicken Smoked Sausage
- In saucepan, combine broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes or until very thick and creamy.
- Stir in cheese.
- Prepare sausage according to package directions.
- Chop or keep sausage whole and top your polenta with it.
Don’t have polenta? Substitute pasta or rice for an equally flavorful meal.