More Recipes with Smoked Sausage
|Steakhouse Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops with Pecan Pesto|
|Sausage and Lemony Couscous Salad|
|Whole Wheat Pasta with Sausage, Spinach & Tomatoes|
|Veggie “Fettuccini” with Sausage|
|So Cal Jambalaya|
created by Lindsey Jones
see more at Food Flirt
Get your grill going with FARMER JOHN’S® new Hot Louisiana Chicken Sausage kabobs—savory chicken sausage, fresh yellow squash, zucchini and colorful bell peppers all basted in an addicting basil, lemon, garlic, parsley sauce with just a touch of sugar and cayenne. Light that fire and say hello to summer!
Cook Time: 2 hours total (this includes marinating time)
- For Basil Garlic Lemon Parsley Sauce:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons)
- 3 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 cloves raw garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (to taste)
- For Shish Kabobs:
- 1 12 oz. package FARMER JOHN® Hot Louisiana Chicken Sausages
- 4 zucchini, cut in-half lengthwise, then cut into inch-long pieces, on the diagonal
- 3 yellow summer squash, cut in-half lengthwise, then cut into inch-long pieces, on the diagonal
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced into pieces, about 1-inch by 1-inch
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and sliced into pieces, about 1-inch by 1-inch
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and sliced into pieces, about 1-inch by 1-inch
- For Grilled Lemon Garnish:
- 3 lemons, sliced in half with pointed ends shaved off so lemon sits flat
- 6 tbs. sugar
Line 2 baking sheets with tinfoil. Set aside.
In food processor or powerful blender, blend together all ingredients for basil, lemon, garlic sauce. Process until completely combined and creamy. Place in bowl and set aside.
Cut FARMER JOHN® Hot Louisiana Chicken Sausages into slices, about 1 1/2 inches long, on the diagonal. Place on foil-lined baking sheet and set aside.
Wash and prepare veggies for kabobs as directed above. Place veggies on foil-lined baking sheet, keeping each type of veggie together in one group.
Make kabobs by skewering 3-4 veggies (different types), then one piece of sausage, and continue alternating until you have 3-4 slices of sausage on the skewer. Repeat until all sausage and vegetables have been used.
Baste kabobs generously with creamy basil, lemon, garlic sauce and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook for 5-8 minutes before turning. Turn kabobs three times to ensure all sides are grilled.
After you turn the kabobs the first time, place lemons on grill, cut-side down. Grill for 8 minutes. Remove from grill and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over top of each lemon half. Place back on grill, with grill marks up, to let sugar dissolve. Serve with kabobs, as a garnish, to squeeze over top of veggies and sausages.
Serve shish kabobs hot or room temperature with extra basil, lemon, garlic sauce for dipping! (Be sure to remove the veggies and sausages from skewers before serving to children, as skewers can be sharp.)