Recipe by Cooking with Janica
- 1 Farmer John Boneless Fresh Pork Loin
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- 1 pineapple – peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 habaneros – depending on how spicy you want it
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 package of Hawaiian Rolls
- Cut the Farmer John Boneless Fresh Pork Loin into 1” slices. Place slices face down on a cutting board and sprinkle each side with salt and pepper. Brush the top with BBQ sauce.
- Preheat the grill for 5-10 minutes on high heat.
- Place pineapple wedges, habaneros and red bell pepper on the grill. Grill 5-8 minutes on each side until all items have a nice char or grill marks all the way around. Remove from the grill and set aside to cool enough to handle.
- While waiting for those to cool, put your pork loin slices on the grill, BBQ sauce side down. Baste some BBQ on the naked side. Grill for 6-9 minutes on each side, until pork loin reaches an internal temperature of 145 -160°
- Chop the pineapple, habanero and red bell pepper from earlier. Remove seeds. Place in a large bowl with the shredded cabbage. Add mayo, brown sugar, salt and lime juice. Stir together until well combined. (Note: Slaw will get spicier and the flavors will blend best after it has been marinating 12-24 hours. You can make this in advance.)
- Place cooked BBQ pork loin slice on your Hawaiian roll. Top with the pineapple slaw. Enjoy immediately.