More Recipes with Smoked Sausage
|Veggie “Fettuccini” with Sausage|
|So Cal Jambalaya|
|Steakhouse Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops with Pecan Pesto|
|Whole Wheat Pasta with Sausage, Spinach & Tomatoes|
|Sausage and Lemony Couscous Salad|
A little char from the grill, a splash of balsamic and FARMER JOHN HOT LOUISIANA CHICKEN SAUSAGE® turn simple vegetables into a robust and colorful chopped salad that tastes great hot, warm or cold. So easy, even the kids can help with the veggie chopping.
PREP Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 24 minutes
Servings: 4-5 servings
- 1 package FARMER JOHN® Hot Louisiana Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, cut lengthwise into ½-inch-thick pieces
- 2 medium red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into large pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges with the root end intact
- ½ lb. large white mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
Place a grill pan over high heat or heat a grill on high.
Working in batches, cook sausage, zucchini, squash, peppers, onions and mushrooms in grill pan and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and grill until cook through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
Meanwhile, place olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl and whisk until creamy.
Cut sausage, zucchini, squash and peppers into bite-sized pieces and add to dressing in bowl. Add onions and mushrooms, tossing gently to combine.
Arrange sausage and veggies on a platter or in a large bowl.
Serve hot, warm or cold.