- 3 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 quart cultured lowfat buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 5 egg whites
- 2 pounds FARMER JOHN® Extra Lean Ground Pork
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bread, soaked in ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons maple seasoning
- 2 16 oz packages of FARMER JOHN® Thick-Cut Bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Maple syrup
- Sift flour, powdered sugar, baking soda and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in salt.
- Add buttermilk, butter and egg whites. Whisk until combined. Some lumps are fine, do not over beat.
- In a 7-inch round Belgian waffle iron heated on medium low, ladle about 1 ½ cups batter into the iron. You want it to fill up the whole iron to make nice slider buns. Cook until waffle is golden brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Break off cooked waffles into quarters and keep warm in a 200 °F oven until ready to serve.
- Combine ground pork, egg and soaked bread in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, stir salt, pepper, sage, thyme and maple seasoning.
- Combine half the amount of the spices into the pork mixture.
- Shape 2-ounce patties into balls and flatten slightly, making an indent with your thumb in the center. Repeat until all are formed.
- Season with remaining rub and sear in a skillet on medium heat. Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 °F. If the patties get too dark, continue cooking in a 400 °F
- Lay one waffle slider bun down and drizzle with some maple syrup, lay 2 strips bacon down, a patty, waffle slider bun and 2 more strips of bacon. Secure with skewer. Drizzle more maple syrup over the slider.
- Assemble remaining sliders and serve warm.