A hearty combo that is sure to be a hit at the next family feast.
- 1 (5-pound) FARMER JOHN® Pork Butt Roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 cups assorted vegetables, chopped (turnips, carrots, winter squashes, beets, leeks, etc)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- In large enamel coated cast-iron Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook roast 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Add broth, cover and bake 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and vegetables and cook 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Fill up the rest of the plate with a side of roasted red potatoes.