Recipe by Shockingly Delicious
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
- 1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari – lower sodium preferred
- 16 ounces Farmer John Ground Pork
- 4 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallot – or can use onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper – optional
- 4 brioche burger buns, split – or you could even use English muffins, toasted
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- Additional fresh fruit for the plate
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, mix pineapple, barbecue sauce and soy sauce. You should have aboiut 3/4 cup. Set aside.
- Make the burgers: In a mixing bowl, stir together ground pork, bread crumbs, shallot, ginger, garlic, sugar, cayenne and 1/4 cup of the prepared sauce until well blended. Shape into 4 patties. If needed can be refrigerated overnight, covered.
- When ready to eat, heat grill to medium hot and grill pork patties until done. Place buns on plates, spoon 1/4 of remaining sauce on each muffin and top with 5 basil leaves and a grilled pork burger patty.
- Serves 4.