More Recipes with Bacon
|Bacon Shrimp Avocado Salad|
|BLTD – Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Dog|
|Jalapeno Bacon Scrambled Eggs|
|Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies|
|Spicy Kale Salad|
Finally there’s a sandwich worth waking up for. FARMER JOHN® Premium Mild Jalapeño Bacon, avocado, arugula and eggs top a toasty baguette.
PREP Time: 15 minutes (Note: this includes cooking the bacon as part of the prep time)
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ½ (12-ounce) package FARMER JOHN® Premium Mild Jalapeño Bacon, cooked
- 1 baguette
- 1 avocado, peeled pitted and halved
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby arugula leavesa
- 4 soft cooked eggs
1. Heat broiler 10 minutes.
2. Cut baguette crosswise into quarters, then cut each quarter in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheet cut sides up. Broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
3. Meanwhile, in bowl, mash avocado with salt and pepper to taste. Spread avocado mixture on cut sides of toasted bottom halves of baguette pieces.
4. Divide arugula evenly over avocado. Top with 2 bacon slices. With a small spoon, break each egg in half then carefully scoop out and place on top of bacon. (Alternatively, carefully peel eggs and place on sandwich whole, cutting into egg diagonally to release yolk).
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover each sandwich with a baguette top.