- 1 pkg. FARMER JOHN® LOUISIANA BRAND HOT LINK SAUSAGE, cut into 1 1/2-inch thick slices
- 6 small nopales (cactus pads), scraped and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (29-oz.) can tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mole
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes
- 1 lb. romeritos or baby spinach leaves, cleaned and tough branches removed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Cover nopales with salted water in saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil 10 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse several times with cold water; set aside.
- Heat oil in stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high. Add tomato puree and garlic; cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- Stir in mole until well blended.
- Add hot links, nopales, potatoes and romeritos to pot. Stir in chicken stock to desired consistency.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours, stirring frequently.
If using jarred romeritos, rinse off brine and drain before using