This simple recipe is hearty, wholesome, and great year ’round.
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 package FARMER JOHN® Hot Louisiana Brand Chicken Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) package chopped fresh kale
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (If you do not wish to use wine, drizzle olive oil on pasta and toss.)
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid; keep warm.
- In large Dutch oven over medium heat, cook onion and sausage 10 minutes or until sauce is browned.
- Add wine.
- Stir in kale; cover, simmer 5 minutes or until kale is tender.
- Stir in pasta, reserved 1 cup reserved liquid and beans.
- Sprinkle with cheese and pepper flakes.
When cooking with a white wine, make sure to pick a dry (non- sweet) varietal.