More Recipes with Bacon
|Chocolate Bacon Roses with Pistachios|
|French Toast with Spicy Candied Bacon|
|Jalapeno Bacon Scrambled Eggs|
|Jalapeño Bacon Breakfast Sandwich|
Tantalize taste buds with this easy-to-make surf and turf appetizer prepared with Farmer John’s new, peppery Steakhouse Bacon, butter seared sea scallops, and homemade pecan pesto for dipping!
PREP Time: 17
Cook Time: 38
- 2 packages FARMER JOHN® Steakhouse Bacon
- 24 large sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed, dried and stemmed
- 6 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. honey, sugar, or agave
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Separate slices of bacon and place on 2 baking sheets, single layered.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes (bacon should not be crispy, or it will break when wrapping scallops).
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients for the pesto sauce, and set aside.
1. Rinse scallops and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Brush scallops with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of sugar.
3. Melt 2 tbs. of olive oil and 2 tbs. of butter in a hot frying pan. Reduce heat to medium.
4. Sear scallops, large flat side down, for 2 minutes or until golden brown and slightly charred on one side.
5. Flip scallops, reducing heat to medium-low, and sear for an additional 1-2 minutes.
6. Once scallops are done, remove from heat and let them cool for 2 minutes before wrapping with bacon.
1. Wrap scallops with bacon, securing the bacon with a toothpick.
2. Place scallops on a clean baking sheet.
3. Bake wrapped scallops in the preheated 375° F. oven for 2 minutes.
4. Remove and place on serving platter.
5. Drizzle pesto sauce on scallops, and pour remaining pesto sauce into a serving bowl for dipping.