A tangy, fruity recipe with great holiday flavor.
- 1 pound FARMER JOHN® Fully Cooked Smoked Ham
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Bring mango, ½ cup water and next 6 ingredients to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Process mixture in food processor until smooth. Cook ham according to package directions, basting with mango mixture every 30 minutes.
CARVING A BUTT HALF OR PORTION HAM
1. Place pre-cut side of ham down on the cutting board. Carve along the bone to remove boneless section of meat.
2. Slice boneless section across the grain and transfer to a serving platter.
3. To carve the remaining meat from the bone, insert fork into meat next to bone and make horizontal slices as shown. Transfer slices to a serving platter.
Add to a plate of fresh peas or asparagus for a more nutritious meal.