More Recipes with Smoked Sausage
|Grilled Sausage Salad|
|Chicken Sausage and Kale Salad|
|Whole Wheat Pasta with Sausage, Spinach & Tomatoes|
|Sausage Pad Thai|
|Loaded Louisiana Quesadillas|
created by Lindsay Jones
see more at foodflirt.com
Sweet peppers, pineapple, onions and FARMER JOHN® Classic Polish Sausage come together to create an attention grabbing entrée. And if that doesn’t excite you, then the two kinds of marinade—one with tequila—are bound to bring some Southwest thrills to your table.
PREP Time: 1-1.5 hrs
Cook Time: 12-16 min
Servings: 16-20 Skewers
IngredientsVerde Sausage Marinade:
- 2 cups cilantro leaves, washed, stemmed and loosely packed
- 5 green jalapeño chilies, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. kosher sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 packages FARMER JOHN® Classic Polish Sausages, sliced into ¾-inch thick pieces (or your favorite FARMER JOHN® Sausage)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fennel, ground
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 nectarines, cut into wedges about ½-inches wide
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1x1-inch, single layer pieces
- 4 red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1x1-inch squares
For Verde Sausage Marinade: Place cilantro, jalapeños, onion, and garlic in food processor and finely chop. Gradually add remaining ingredients and puree to a paste. Place sausages in shallow, medium sized dish and pour marinade over top. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
For Fruit Marinade: In medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, tequila, sugar, cilantro, fennel, salt, and cayenne. Add pineapple and nectarine chunks, cover and let marinate for 20 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium heat. Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
Drain marinade from fruit and set fruit aside.
Assemble skewers by alternating between pineapple, nectarine, FARMER JOHN® Sausages, onion and bell peppers. I suggest using about 4 pieces of sausage per skewer and about 3 pieces of each other ingredient. Reserve verde marinade for basting.
Grill skewers for 6-8 minutes on one side, then turn and grill for another 6-8 minutes or until fruit, veggies and sausages have some char and are heated through. Brush marinade over skewers during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately with extra verde marinade for dipping and relish the summer.