More Recipes with Bacon
|Steakhouse Bacon B.L.T|
|JBLT with Sriracha Mayo|
|Chocolate Dipped Bacon Bites|
|BLTD – Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato Dog|
|French Toast with Spicy Candied Bacon|
It’s time to take pasta to a whole new level. FARMER JOHN® Premium Mild Jalapeño Bacon meets butternut squash for a dish full of bold flavor.
PREP Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) package ziti, penne or other tube-shaped pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) package FARMER JOHN® Premium Mild Jalapeño Bacon
- 1 large onion, sliced vertically
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- Red pepper flakes, if desired
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
1. Heat oven to 400° F.
2. In a large bow, combine squash, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat squash thoroughly.
3. Arrange squash in single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until squash is tender, turning several times.
4. Meanwhile, cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels. Drain all but 3 tablespoons. drippings from pan.
5. Add onion to drippings and cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds longer, stirring once. Stir in spinach.
6. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
7. When pasta is almost done, add about 1/4 cup pasta water to spinach mixture. Drain pasta and add to skillet.
7. Stir in squash. Add bacon and toss to combine.
8. If desired, add pepper flakes to taste. Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.